Paper clips have various types, sizes, etc. Anyway, they must also weigh different from each other. Have you ever wondered how much a paper clip does weigh? Well, today, on this occasion, we are going to discuss it. Let’s check it out below!
How Much Does A Paperclip Weigh?
One paper clip surprisingly weighs around 1 gram (0.035274 ounces). Thus, a jumbo paperclip weighs 1.5 grams (0.0529109 ounces).
However, the weight of paper clips will depend on their sizes. Indeed, paperclips’ standard weight might be 1 gram, but different-sized paperclips (small ones) may weigh 0.4, 0.5, or 0.7 grams.
You can watch the video I made while weighing the following paper clip.
Paper Clips’ Size
Paper clips have varied sizes. What are they? Let’s take a look at the following details!
- Small. A small paper clip usually is around 22mm.
- Medium. A medium-sized paper clip generally tends to be 28mm.
- Large. Usually, large paper clips are around 33mm.
- Giant. There are two sizes of giant paper clips. One might be 51mm, while another is 76mm.
Types of Paper Clips
There are many kinds of paper clips. They are:
- Plain paper clip. The plain paper clips might be made of metal or wood. This paper clip might not be as colorful and beautiful but affordable and pretty strong.
- Lipped paper clip. A lipped paper clip is almost similar to a plain clip. Thus, it is larger, stronger, and more durable. Of course, its price is still durable.
- Serrated paper clip. The serrated clip is always used mostly in the office. This kind of clip is not oversized but still big and nice. It is strong and durable. Plus, even though it is made of metal, its design is still catchy and good.
- Wavy paper clip. If you need to keep sheets of paper fastened securely, you might choose this clip. Its size is usually giant or jumbo.
- No-tear paper clip. Not only comfortable for general office use, but a no-tear paper clip is also suitable for home use. This durable metal clip is strong. Plus, people love this clip because it cannot tear your paper even though you are not careful when binding it.
- Plastic paper clip. Talking about the cheapest paper clip, it must be plastic paper clips. Thus, they are also durable enough. Plus, its design is colorful, catchy, and pretty beautiful.
- Non-magnetized paper clip. Most of the paper clips are magnetics because they are commonly made of steel or iron. Yet, you could also pick up non-magnetic clips.
Facts about Paper Clips
Paper clips were first patented in 1867 by Samuel B. Fay. Then, it became very popular. However, during World War II, the use of paper clips was forbidden by the Nazis. That is because the function of the paper clip is to bind (to unite) the world as a peaceful symbol.
Finally, most of the paper clips are affordable and have similar functions. Feel free to choose the one you like, then.